03 February, 2015

Vision & Mission

This blog was  set up to help drive my initiative to travel more often.
.
Why we travel & what are we trying to gain when we travel?  After pondering for few months with lots of self discovery along the way, I found a few direction which I believe will form the key pillars of this blog.

This blog will feature photos and subjects divided into the categories of Urban Design, UNESCO World Heritage, Streets Arts, and Culture.


CULTURE
I will  try to capture the culture and the different ways of life in different countries and states in Malaysia. I always believe in engaging your photo subjects. A small dialog with the person involved will be included. Topics will range from food to activities.


UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE
Lets try to capture the elements of the UNESCO sites and explore the stories behind each sites. The states of Melaka & Penang will be the first few sites to be featured followed by trips to other countries.

Sites delisted from UNESCO listings will also be covered as I believe the stories behind the sites are still rich regardless of the current physical state.

Description from UNESCO will be included. 


STREET ARTS
Graffiti, ,interesting road signs, Guerrilla arts. Anything that captures the eyes. Location of subject will be included. 


URBAN DESIGN
When I was young, I was  engrossed with playing SIMCity and is still addicted to building cities.

I have a higher fascination with urban designs over building architectures. I believe urban designs embodies and reflects the society, culture, geographical challenges and economy of the location. Rather then building architectures that only reflects a few individuals.

My dream is to visit Barcelona's grid city!

I will cover the urban designs of places I visit and will include interesting aspects deemed appropriate and relevant which may consists of the following:-

-Pedestrian Zones
-Aesthetics
-Structures
-Typology, density & sustainability
-Accessiblity
-Function and fit
-Incorporation of nature with city

No comments:

Post a Comment